- “The old Aus clone D3V14, generally regarded as poor, and new clones 8R and Q45 that are seen as the likely saviours of merlot with their vastly improved qualities.” ~ James Halliday March 2019
- “Unlike any other Australian Merlot I know” ~ Philip White
- Philip loved "watching it prove you can achieve all this without the normal ocker gooey jammy flavour-stifling alcohol"
- “The wines they’re producing with these new clones are at the forefront of a revival of top-quality Merlot in Australia.” ~ Max Allen AFR
- “MERITE is doing great things with Merlot, though this Malbec too was a standout in a recent tasting.” ~ Mike Bennie GTWine